Things That Happen to Men When They Don’t Have Sex for A Long Time
People choose to have intimacy for a variety of reasons (pleasure, satisfaction, intimacy, stress relief, escape, self-affirmation, etc.), while others choose not to have intimacy or to abstain from having intimacy for long periods of time. Circumstances that may lead to long-term abstinence from intimacy in men include the following causes, according to Healthline:
1. Increased susceptibility to colds and flu. A study at Wilkes-Barre University in Pennsylvania found that people who have intimacy once or twice a week have a 30% increase in immunoglobulin A compared to those who rarely have intimacy. Immunoglobulin A is one of the body’s first lines of defence against viruses.
2. libido Surprisingly, prolonged intercourse can cause a loss of interest in s£xual intercourse. The more intimacy you have, the more you want it. Regular intercourse increases libido.
3. won’t it make you dumber? There was once a story about a woman who said that abstaining from alcohol makes her intelligent, but the truth is the opposite. Scientists have found that s£xual activity stimulates the production of nerve cells in the hippocampus of the brain. It turns out that abstinence does not grow the brain at all.
4. cardiovascular health may be compromised. Without regular intercourse, there is an increased risk of developing cardiovascular disease. As well as helping to reduce physical inactivity, intimacy keeps oestrogen and progesterone levels in balance, which can reduce the risk of heart disease.
5. increased risk of erectile dysfunction. According to a study published in the American Journal of Medicine, men who have intimacy regularly are twice as likely to have erectile dysfunction as men who have intimacy more than once a week. The penile is a muscle, so just as exercise helps maintain muscle strength, frequent intercourse helps maintain muscle strength.